Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lambchop

My grandmother is an amazing seamstress. Many of my fondest childhood memories are of her sitting at her sewing machine with me nestled close by. She made my sisters and I EVERYTHING! Toys, clothes, even our underwear! Grandma showed me how to sew little projects here and there, but I admit I didn't catch on right away...

Now that I am a mother myself, I have revisited those old sewing lessons, much to my grandmother's delight. My own daughter has also expressed great interest in hand-sewing, and we've spent many hours bonding over needle and thread.

Her latest project, a sweet little creature she has named, Lambchop.


"Lambchop is shy, gets nervous easily, and only hangs out with his kitty friend, Feathertail who helps him be more adventurous."



"Come on Lambchop! You can do it!"



Peche and Lettuce play tag with other Friends at the park.


Phew! Virginia & Cubbie are safe at homebase!

No comments: